From the Borderlands newsletter: “Borderlands’ sponsors are an intelligent, talented, and diverse group of people, and many of them are writers! We’re hosting our first Open Mic Night for sponsors, giving them a chance to share short stories, flash fiction, an excerpt from a longer work — almost any type of writing, in any genre. All we ask is that the readings are kept short — five minutes or less — so as to allow as many readers as possible the opportunity. The really fun thing about open mic nights is that each reader brings fresh surprises and you never know what’s coming up next. We hope you’ll come by to check out your talented friends and fellow customers!”
This event is open to the general public, but only sponsors will read. Participants include:
1. MC Greg Roensch who’ll start the evening off by reading a short piece.
2. Loren Rhoads – I’m going to read a snippet from Kill By Numbers.
3. Nancy Jane Moore
4. Betsy Streeter – She’s the author of Silverwood, a time travel YA that’s been described as “The Incredibles meets Doctor Who meets MacGyver.”
5. Louis Evans
6. Laurel Anne Hill – She’s the author of the award-winning Heroes Arise and a whole passel of stories in the Bard in the Hand series.
7. Jean Butterfield
8. Igor Teper
9. Megan E. O’Keefe – She’s the author of Steal the Sky, book one in the Scorched Continent series: “a conman of noble birth pulls off one more heist…”
Borderlands Cafe is located beside the bookstore at 870 Valencia Street in San Francisco’s Mission District. Call for details: (415) 970-6998 or visit www.borderlands-books.com.