Borderlands Bookstore celebrates its sponsors with its second Sponsors’ Open Mic Night this Friday, January 22, at 7:00 pm.
From the Borderlands newsletter: “Borderlands’ sponsors are an intelligent, talented, and diverse group of people, and many of them are writers! We’re hosting another Open Mic Night for sponsors, giving them a chance to share short stories, flash fiction, an excerpt from a longer work — almost any type of writing, in any genre. You never know what’s coming up next. Come by to check out your talented friends and fellow customers!”
This event is open to the general public, but only sponsors will read. Participants include:
1. MC Greg Roensch who’ll start the evening off by reading a short piece.
2. Loren Rhoads – I’m going to read an action scene from No More Heroes.
3. Laurel Anne Hill – She’s the author of the award-winning Heroes Arise and a whole passel of stories in theBard in the Hand series.
4. Louis Evans
5. Jean Butterfield
6. Betsy Streeter – She’s the author of Silverwood, a time travel YA that’s been described as “The Incredibles meets Doctor Who meets MacGyver.”
7. Igor Teper – He’s a short story writer who’s been published in Asimov’s and a whole lot more.
Borderlands Cafe is located beside the bookstore at 870 Valencia Street in San Francisco’s Mission District. Call for details: (415) 970-6998 or visit www.borderlands-books.com.