From the Borderlands newsletter: “Borderlands’ sponsors are an intelligent, talented, and diverse group of people, and many of them are writers! We’re hosting an Open Mic Night for sponsors, giving them a chance to share short stories, flash fiction, an excerpt from a longer work — almost any type of writing, in any genre. The really fun thing about open mic nights is that each reader brings fresh surprises and you never know what’s coming up next. We hope you’ll come by to check out your talented friends and fellow customers!”
The event is open to the general public, but only sponsors will read. Participants include:
1. MC Greg Roensch, who’ll start the evening off by reading a short piece.
2. Betsy Streeter – She’s the author of the Silverwood series, time travel YA that’s been described as “The Incredibles meets Doctor Who meets MacGyver,” and the Neptune Road Rocket Angels series.
3. Local author Evan Adams
4. Loren Rhoads – I’m going to read a snippet from Lost Angels. Something sexy, I think.
5. Laurel Anne Hill – She’s the author of the award-winning Heroes Arise. Most recently, her work has appeared in the Once Upon a Scream anthology.
6. Megan E. O’Keefe – She’s the author of Steal the Sky, book one in the Scorched Continent series: “a conman of noble birth pulls off one more heist…”
Borderlands Cafe is located beside the bookstore at 870 Valencia Street in San Francisco’s Mission District. Call for details: (415) 970-6998 or visit www.borderlands-books.com.