I have a very short story in this new horror anthology by Crystal Lake Publishing. It’s for sale on Amazon for the Kindle for only 99 cents: https://amzn.to/2XBKg81
The amazing cover is by Ben Baldwin.
In this volume…
• Taunted by a cactus, a man copes with grief after the loss of his wife.
• Alondra DeCourval visits Franz Kafka’s grave to think about death.
• A lovestruck woman strives to connect with a man she’s convinced is The One.
• The perfect funeral for a child—all according to a Mother’s well-crafted plan. The exception is one small, unexpected development no one could have ever prepared for.
• A short meditation on the haunting nature of love and loss, and the aftermath of both.
• Victor’s sanity has been threaded together by the memory of his daughter’s voice, until now, when her laughter falls silent.
• An adrenaline junkie believes he can take on the ultimate challenge—coming back from the dead.
• Sisters share everything. The good…and the bad.
• Sometimes being a hoarder is dangerous…
• In our ever-changing world, what we view as a monster is constantly evolving…but at what cost?
• Buddy’s heart aches for his family’s arrival.
• Bright colors may be beautiful, but sometimes they can be dangerous.
• Sometimes the darkness we harbor within is best left behind closed doors.
• Rats scratch in the children’s ward.
• A surprise wedding present from daughter to father, built over a lifetime, reveals his true nature to all his guests.
• Can a mourning Mallory find comfort before she loses her mind?
• While coming to terms with the death of his mother a man learns that he harbours a strange ability, one that could threaten to tear his reality apart.
• A woman’s last letter to her abusive ex-husband returns the favor of his tutelage.
• Lillian’s search for her daughter’s doll leads her on a journey through tragedy, loss, and madness.
• The brutal murder a man’s only child leaves him burdened with a question only he can answer.
Here’s that Table of Contents:
“Closure on a Bed of Nails” by Chad Lutzke
“Fast Car” by Tracy Fahey
“Tears of Buddy” by Patrick R. McDonough
“Puzzle Pieces” by Armand Rosamilia
“Pretty Like Butterflies” by Tim Waggoner
“S1:E7” by Robert Ford
“Pain is Your Teacher” by Michael Harris Cohen
“Memory Lane” by Red Lagoe
“The Silence of the Sirens” by Loren Rhoads
“It’s Me Not You” by Jonathan Winn
“Sisters of Loss” by Mark Allan Gunnells
“Talisman” by Jezzy Wolfe
“The Melting of Your Gods” by Mercedes M. Yardley
“Charms” by Dino Parenti
“Not Your Average Monster” by Kenneth W. Cain
“Where the Children Run in Darkness” by Guy Medley
“Tunnels” by Tom Over (winner)
“The Truth about Dani” by Joe Mercer
“Baby Savannah” by M.J. Sydney
“Rats Scratched in the Linen Cupboard” by Dani Brown
“Raining” by John Boden
“The Death Experience” by L.A. Story
Proudly brought to you by Crystal Lake Publishing—Tales from the Darkest Depths.