Available now is the first novella-length chapbook collection of my previously published stories about Alondra DeCourval, a young witch with a passion to make things right. Alondra travels from San Francisco to Prague to Olso, encountering magical creatures and searching for the limits she will go to for love.
Alondra’s Experiments includes:
- “The Shattered Rose” — Alondra and her vampire boyfriend wander Golden Gate Park after dark.
- “Catalyst” — Alondra accidentally combines alchemy and absinthe in Prague.
- “Valentine” — In Oslo, Alondra discovers how far she will go to save her guardian’s life.
- Three essays that reveal the stories behind the stories.
Alondra’s Experiments is available for the Kindle: https://amzn.to/3w5Mrm3
“The second installment of the Alondra stories glitters with dark magic. We follow Alondra from L.A. to Northern California to New Orleans. She courts the spirits of Air, settles a house of unquiet ghosts and, in the final story, puts an end to one man’s bloody crimes. In all of these stories, there is beautiful and deadly magic. In Alondra’s world, even the litter in the city streets can be made to dance.” — Martha J. Allard, author of Black Light and Psychic Surgery
Alondra’s Investigations includes:
- “The Fatal Book” — Alondra discovers a book that claims to have destroyed Atlantis.
- “A Curiosity of Shadows” — What are the things that ghosts are afraid of?
- “Last-born” — In New Orleans, Alondra makes the ultimate sacrifice.
- Three essays that unveil the stories behind the stories.
Alondra’s Investigations is the second novella-length chapbook collection of The Alondra Stories. It’s available for the Kindle at https://amzn.to/2HVox7i.
Alondra’s Adventures includes:
- “The Fox and the Foreigner” — Alondra befriends a fox spirit living in a shrine in Tokyo.
- “The Drowning City” — Something ancient stalks the canals of Venice.
- “Sakura Time” — In Japan, it’s impossible to discard anything that has eyes.
- Three essays that divulge the stories behind the stories.
Alondra’s Adventures is the third novella-length chapbook of The Alondra Stories. It’s available for the Kindle: https://amzn.to/2zmHBs2.
Alondra’s Exploits includes:
- “Something in the Water” — Alondra tries to protect a water sprite from an scientist and vice versa.
- “Elle a Vu un Loup” — Something stalks the tourist destination Mackinac Island.
- “Guardian of the Golden Gate” — Something has awakened beneath the Golden Gate Bridge…and it is hungry.
- Three essays that expose the stories behind the stories.
Alondra’s Exploits is the fourth novella-length chapbook of The Alondra Stories. It’s available for the Kindle: https://amzn.to/3u0bjwW.
The Full List of Alondra Stories:
You can see the full list of Alondra Stories here.
Available from Adagio Teas:
I’ve blended a selection of teas to represent the characters who appear in The Alondra Stories. My tasting notes are available here: https://lorenrhoads.com/2020/11/24/teas-to-drink-with-my-stories/
The teas themselves are for sale in sample-size tins of each tea, which is what I’ve photographed here, in 3-ounce pouches, or 5-ounce tins. You can find there here: https://www.adagio.com/signature_blend/group.html?group=17428
The Alondra Playlist:
If you’d like a soundtrack as you explore Alondra’s world, I’ve assembled one on Spotify. Check it out!